Monday, March 26, 2007

 

Sunday Dinner


We drove up to Virginia Sunday afternoon just for the heck of it. We stopped just across the border in VA at a restaurant called the "Memphis Grill". It looks like an old Denny's they converted into a diner. There's actually a life size Elvis standing in a corner. The place was full of old farmers and country music was playing over the speakers. Now Jackie was already grinning before we opened the menu. Get this....the menu had an "International" section which consisted of 2 items.....are you ready for this.....it was spaghetti and the other was stir fry. I was telling Jackie to shut it and not laugh but it was hard not to. Anyway I ordered the BBQ brisket and Jackie ordered the ribs. Let me tell you....that was some of the best BBQ I've had in a long time!!! So if you ever find yourself on I85 on the way to NC, you gotta stop at this place!

Comments:
so they're a bit 'behind the times' LOL... but hey, you got some great bbq... should make up for the lack of 'internationality'!! ~Dai
 
ahhh... there you go. I guess i can always be anonymous now too.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?